Dr. Vedprakash Mishra
Chief Advisor to Chancellor & KIMSDU, Karad
Hon’ble Dr Vedprakash Mishra who is present is the National Head of the Academic Programme of Indian Programme UNESCO Chair in Bio-Ethics Haifa, is an illustrious member of the medical fraternity, well known not only in India but also overseas. A dynamic orator, he is a keen academician and an astute administrator. Born in Nagpur and educated with an MD degree, he streamlined his life path to equip himself by completing a Master of Industrial Relation and Personnel Management and a Bachelor’s in Journalism as well. He has been conferred with the highest academic distinction of D. conferred with a D.Sc. (Honoris Cause) by Six Health Sciences Universities in the country in recognition of his selfless services to the cause of medical education of consequence and relevance at the National and International levels.
Expedient Legislative Framework for reforms in Medical Education
Dr D K Srinivas
MD, PG Dip Distance Education
Dr D.K. Srinivas is one of the pioneers in developing Medical and Health Professional education in India. He retired as Dean of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry. He was one of the founding members of the first National Teacher Training Centre (NTTC) at JIPMER, Pondicherry, established by the Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India in 1976. He contributed actively to the Training of Teachers in Educational Science & Technology. He has the distinction of running the most significant number of Teacher Training programs in India.
Dr Nilkantan Ananthakrishnan
- Director-Professor and Head, Department of Surgery, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research,(JIPMER), Pondicherry since January 2000.
- Professor and Head of Department of Surgery, JIPMER, Pondicherry, Dec.’91 to Dec.’99.
- Associate Professor of Surgery, JIPMER, Sep.’85 to Nov.’91.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, JIPMER, Jan.’83 to Sep.’85.
- Lecturer in Surgery, JIPMER, Feb.’77 to Dec.’82.
Dr K R Sethuraman
- An alumnus of JIPMER – both UG & PG
- 5 years in Residency at JIPMER (1973-’78)
- 3 years as Lecturer-Cardiology at SCTIMST, Trivandrum (1978-’81)
- 25 years in JIPMER as a Faculty staff in Medicine (1981-2006)(this includes 20 years in NTTC and of that, 10 years as its Coordinator )
- 7 years as Medical Dean & Pro-VC (Academic), AIMST Varsity,
in Malaysia (2006-’13)
- 5.5 years as Vice Chancellor, Balaji Vidyapeeth (2013 to 2018)
- 3.5 years currently as the Medical Dean, AIMST Varsity, Malaysia
Dr Avinash Supe
Dr Tejinder Singh
MD, DNB, MHPE, MA Distance Educ, PGDHE, FIAP, FAMS
- Former Professor and Head of Pediatrics and Medical Education;
Dean, Vice Principal and Actg. Principal, CMC Ludhiana
- Founder Director, CMCL-FAIMER Regional Institute, Ludhiana
- Former Convenor, MCI Nodal Center for faculty development
- Dr B C Roy National Award (Eminent Medical Teacher)
- National Board of Examinations Excellence Award (Eminent Alumnus)
- IMA Medical Education and Research Award (Young Graduates)
- IGNOU Gold Medals for Higher Education & Human Resource Mngmt.
Dr Thomas Chacko
- Director PSG-FAIMER Regional Institute
- Dean of Medical Education and Professor, Dept of Community Medicine, Believers Church Medical College, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India
- Director, SEARAME Student Electives
exchange program (SEARAMEx)
- Director, Program Evaluation, MHPE, MUHS
Dr K Ramnarayan
MBBS, MD ( Pathology)
Professor of Pathology, MMMC (Manipal Campus)
Vice President-Faculty Development, Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Chairperson – Manipal University Jaipur
Conducted over 500 faculty empowerment programmes over the last 30 years
Dr Arun Jamkar
- former Vice-Chancellor, Maharashtra University of Health
- Distinguished Professor, Symbiosis International University Pune
- Consultant, Health care and Life sciences, Persistent systems ltd,
- Chief Medical Officer, Index Technology, Cupertino, USA
- Director Academics, Galaxy care hospitals Pune
- Ex Dean, Ex-Professor of Surgery, B J Medical College Pune
- Thought Leader, Inpods.com, Former President, AHPE
- Founder Chairman, Association of Health Professional Universities of India
Dr Vinay Kumar
MBBS, MD, FRCPath,
Vinay Kumar is the Lowell T. Coggeshall Distinguished Service Professor of Pathology at the University of Chicago, where he was also the Chairman (2000-2016) of the Department of Pathology.
He is a recipient of the Life Time Achievement Award by the National Board of Examinations.
Textbooks and Curricular Design Dynamics of Two-Way Interaction
Dr B Vishnu Bhat
Director – Medical Research Professor of Pediatrics and Neonatology, AVMC, Pondicherry Former Director & Dean (Research) JIPMER, Pondicherry
Dr Bhat took charge on March 24 on the basis of a formal appointment order from the Jipmer president.
A Jipmer graduate, Dr Bhat has been in medical education and research for over three decades. He is regarded as a pioneer in the field of neonatology and has published 367 scientific papers, contributed 52 chapters to various medical textbooks and edited a book on Protein Energy Malnutrition.
Professionalism and Ethics in Medical Practice Dr Vishnu Bhat
PROF. DR PIYUSH GUPTA
National president Indian Academy of Paediatrics
Prof. Dr. Piyush Gupta is MD, FAMS, FIAP, FNNF, National president Indian Academy of Paediatrics & Head Dept of Pediatrics, University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Piyush Gupta MD, FAMS, FIAP, FNNF is a renowned academician, teacher, researcher, author, and editor with 30 years of experience in the field of Child Health and Care, Medical Education, Research, and Publishing. He is presently working as a Professor of Pediatrics at the University College of Medical Sciences, in New Delhi.
Dr Gitanjali Batmanabane
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Medical Sciences) in GITAM Deemed to be University in Visakhapatnam.
She was the Director of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar for five years and the mentor Director for AIIMS Guwahati. She previously held additional charge of AIIMS Patna and AIIMS Kalyani as Director. She did her undergraduate and postgraduate training (in Pharmacology) at the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry and her PhD from Pondicherry University.
Postgraduate training in research methodology – are we doing enough Dr Gitanjali Batmaine
VICE-CHANCELLOR –Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
With more than 30 years of experience as an orthopaedic consultant, Dr Vijayaraghavan is one of the renowned orthopaedic surgeons. Dr Vijayaraghavan completed his MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College in 1976. In 1979, he obtained Diploma in Orthopedics from the University of Madras. He has also passed DNB in orthopaedics conducted by the National Board of Examination. Dr Vijayaraghavan received an advanced degree in M.CH. in orthopaedics from the University of Liverpool. In 2015, he was awarded the certificate for successfully completing the Fulbright scholarship program. He has also done a Computer-Assisted Orthopedic Surgery course from Australia.
Dr Krishna Sheshadri
Sr. Consultant Endocrinologist & Diabetologist
Dr. Krishna Seshadri is an Endocrinologist and practices at Apollo Specialty Hospital in Vanagaram, Chennai. He is an American Board Certified Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism Senior Consultant. With several publications and numerous papers to his credit, he is a member of many organizations and an orator par excellence.
What should be priorities for Medical Education in coming 10 years